Thursday, December 3, 2009

Intersession Pre-Experience

So, this is a bit late, but here we go...I remember being really excited the day before Intersession began. As I mentioned in my blog from day one, I had a really hard time sleeping the night before. I was glad that the excitement finally set in because I was a bit "intersessioned-out" from all the work we had been doing to prepare our final lesson plans. Luckily, our final plans were really detailed and I knew things would go well.

One of my concerns was how to deal with the three boys in our class. They were clearly outnumbered and were enrolled in a class about fairy tales. I was sure to try and be aware of texts that might interest them--from adaptations with male characters to scary/dark versions of fairy tales I thought they might like.

I was also somewhat concerned about team-teaching. I had never been in a teaching atmosphere with either Brittany or Kim and I knew that they had some experience with kids through rec/YMCA activities. My only interaction had been with teaching some swim lessons and interacting with kids I babysat or that my mom taught (first graders). This led up to some concerns about discipline, but I knew I would find what worked best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment